Monday 27 May 2013

Tender is the Night

Another book review! Apologies if they are boring, I just want to try and give you a sense of what to expect if you were to read any of these books and hopefully give you a good enough insight to motivate you to say yes or no to any of these pieces.

So, I have just finished reading Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald and I really enjoyed it. However, at times it did get quite wordy to me at times, but for the most of it, it was very exciting, interesting and I wanted to continue reading throughout. There are three books within the whole book which makes it very different, because I had never read a book which included separate books within it. There are two real main characters, Dick and Nicole, who have different stories but get married through a very good story. The histories and lives of each character are very intriguing and a joy to read at times. The language used is very eloquent and there is use of the French language, something which I enjoyed but I had the fortune of being able to speak French and so able to translate everything. So, one bad point may be the necessity to have to use Google Translate for a couple of parts of the book. Overall, I would recommend this book to a lot of people, it keeps you interested not only in the characters, but the story as a whole too.


                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment