Sunday 20 January 2013

A Great Visit from my Spanish/Catalan Family

Coming up to seven years ago, the sixth form at my former school did a foreign exchange program, which involved a group of Spanish students and a group of English students partnering up and spending two weeks with each other in each others respective countries, so two weeks in England and then two weeks in Spain. I was in Year 11 at the time, but because I wanted to do Spanish at university, which I did, I was allowed onto this program and I was given the partner who had the best English, so that I wouldn't struggle as much. This partner turned out to be a lovely girl called Ariadna and after meeting her at the airport with my Dad, her, my family and I got on like a house on fire. Then, when I went to stay with her family for two weeks, it was the same reaction, two weeks of great hospitality, good fun and we have kept in touch ever since and always ask about each others respective families and friends. Recently, the sister of Ariadna, NĂºria, came over for a course in my old university, which was only from September until the end of December, so I met up with her a couple of times and then, a few weeks ago, her family paid her a visit and I tagged along too. It was great not only to see them all again and catch up, but also to practice my Catalan, something which is difficult to do because I do not have many friends over here to practice with. Anyway, it was a great day and I got a picture taken with all of them. They all enjoyed Liverpool and hopefully will return one day.


2 comments:

  1. Wow that's great. The world is getting smaller because of exchanges like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your comment. Always fun and interesting to meet people from other countries and keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete