Sunday 20 January 2013

My First Ever CFL Game

On my last full day with my girlfriend on my visit to Canada, we went to a Calgary Stampeders game. The Calgary Stampeders are a Canadian football team (football as like American football, just that Canadian American football sounds weird!) Anyway, it was my first ever CFL game, but also the first ever game for my girlfriend, so it was a great 'first time ever' for the both of us, and even better that we were doing it together. The game took a while to get going but it was great fun and got the crowd involved too, with games, quizzes and all around entertainment, well done to the CFL and everybody who participated because they all did a fantastic job. Unfortunately, the only bad thing was that the Stampeders lost to this team called the Toronto Argonauts but it was a very good day and an excellent experience. Also, I went to a Wendy's for the first time ever too afterwards so it was a very productive day in all. Finally, this same match was a preview to the Grey Cup, the cup game/final for the CFL, and even though the Argonauts won that game too, it was great to say that I had seen the same match only months before. A great day, with a great woman, just a shame about the result.


No comments:

Post a Comment