Sunday 17 March 2013

John Bishop Show

Even though this post is quite late, as the saying goes, 'better late than never!'. In November, I surprised my Dad by buying two tickets to go and watch Mr John Bishop at the Liverpool Echo Arena. He was amazed and made up which I was made up about so all was good. We made our way to Liverpool and had dinner at Llunya, which is a Catalan restaurant which I had been tempted to go to in the past and finally went and with my phenomenal padre so a great first and person to be with in the experience. I love Catalan food and we had a combination of Liverpool and Catalonia by having Catalan Scouse, which was delicious! After a very tasty meal, we made our way towards the Echo Arena and took our seats.

We were quite fortunate by the fact that I had overcome my fear of clowns because, sorry if you wanted to be surprised by the set, but anyway it was a massive clown face, which was also a big slide. Amen to conquering fears, and a side note, always try and conquer your fears because you feel awesome afterwards, especially when faced with them to test you.

Anyway, the show started and was very funny. There was a short 15 minute interval and we spent the whole night laughing our heads off and the ending was so special that you have to go out and buy the DVD to find out what it was. We all promised to keep it a secret and it is worth waiting for.

A great show, with great company, and a Scouser as the comedian, which is ironic because most Scousers think that they are comedians! Sorry Dad :)


Also, if you have the chance to go to the Liverpool Echo Arena, I strongly advise it, a fantastic venue and very helpful and kind staff.

Here is a picture of the set and a glimpse of how many people there were;



No comments:

Post a Comment