Sunday 20 May 2012

A Visit from a Friend

While I was in Spain during my Year Abroad last year, as well as meeting the Canadian who is now my beloved girlfriend, I met one of her friends who I call 'My Second Favourite Canadian' :) Her name is Krista and since coming over to Great Britain to teach in a secondary school in Ipswich, she has wanted to come and visit me in Liverpool. As well as having a good catch up, she wanted to see the city and so I had to try and be a tour guide for a few hours anyway. She is a very independent woman and so she always has a plan and will visit what she wants to, as I found out in both Barcelona and Madrid, one of the reasons she is so cool :)

Anyway, it was great seeing her over the May Bank Holiday Weekend, when I showed her different monuments although my descriptions were not exactly interesting. It was fun but strange trying to describe your city as a tour guide but experience is experience, you never know that one day I may have that job, never say never! Over the Saturday in which we met up, we saw the Albert Dock, Liverpool One, outside the Cavern Club where she got a picture taken with the John Lennon Statue, as well as other things. As a reward, she bought me a hot chocolate from Café Nero, was delicious. As always, it was amazing to see her, have a good natter about stuff and things, and enjoy Liverpool.


No comments:

Post a Comment