Sunday 20 May 2012

My Argentinian Football Team

About 5 years ago, I met an Argentinian woman who was visiting my Sixth Form (Formby) called Cecilia and she invited my Spanish class and myself to start conversation exchanges via email with her students who were studying English. Fortunately, I have continued since 2007 in conversing with some students from Argentina, which has converted itself into Facebook and possibly Skype very soon.

The actual city in Argentina which is interacting with Liverpool is called Rosario, not too far from Buenos Aires. After getting to know a few of the students in the school, one topic that linked us all was football. They knew about Liverpool FC but I did not know about their team, Rosario Central. Since 2008, probably, I have been trying to purchase a Rosario Central shirt. Finally, not too long ago, I found a website selling one and I now have a football shirt from Argentina. It is awesome. As I would say to my peeps in Argentina, 'Vamos Central!'


No comments:

Post a Comment